The internet has made everything accessible. With the ease of access, teaching online has become a great alternative during the present times. The best part is you teach whenever and wherever you want. Online English teaching jobs are so welcoming. It is not necessary to possess the qualification if you wish to teach English with nil experience. You can thus become an instructor or a virtual tutor and start earning money through online teaching from home.
Prerequisites For Applying In Online English Teaching Jobs
- The first and foremost thing, you need to be fluent in English. There are a select number of companies that offer online English teaching jobs without asking for a qualification or a college degree. All they care about is how proficient your English is and how your communication skills are. But, having a college degree is much more preferable.
- The second thing that comes into consideration is, the things you are looking for in your online teaching job. So, you should make a list of all the companies offering online English teaching jobs according to your set of priorities. Your priorities should be how much money you would make, whether you can have your working schedules to benefit you or not, etc.
Do The Best Online English Teaching Jobs
Here are few companies that provide the best online English teaching jobs:
- TEFL Academy: TEFL is an abbreviation for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. You only need to get certified through TEFL Academy’s programs first. Only then will it be worthwhile, as they would help you find online English teaching jobs. The jobs they provide are of high quality, and they have a record of placing their alumni in online English teaching jobs all over the world.
- Skooli: This is the biggest online platform for teaching and private tutoring with students from all over the world. They hire people who want to follow their dreams in teaching and education, offering full-time or part-time work-from-home jobs. They even recruit a retired teacher or a working teacher who looks to add to their income.
- VIPKID: A company based in Beijing, also offering the best pay in online teaching. They take care of everything, like lesson planning, grading, etc. All you need to do is what you are best at, teaching and motivating your students. They make contracts of six months, and payment is at an hourly rate.
- QKIDS: The teaching schedules they provide do not clash with your set schedules. Teachings are done either early in the morning or the late evening, covering 7 days a week.
- iTutor Group: They provide a pretty flexible schedule with highly competitive wages. They make contracts of one year, and extensions are also available. The only constraint is, you have to teach at least 10 hours per week, considering 4 hours of teaching during the weekend. As a teacher, working with iTutor allows you to earn a bonus depending on the strength of your class and the feedback they provide regarding your teaching.
- English Hunt: They look for native English teachers to teach Korean students. Classes held are generally one-on-one, the duration of each class is about 20-30 minutes.
All of the companies mentioned above require a bachelor’s degree in English to apply.